On the occasion of the preparation of events and activities for the completion of 75 years of life and action of the World Federation of Trade Unions (WFTU), the Secretariat is announcing the opening of an open essay writing contest on topics:
1. The WFTU Internationalism in Asia and the Pacific (in English)
2. The WFTU Internationalism in Central America (in Spanish)
3. The WFTU Internationalism in Latin America (In Spanish)
4. The WFTU Internationalism among the Arab workers ( in English or Arabic)
5. The WFTU Internationalism among the Balkan Countries workers (in English)
6. The WFTU Internationalism among the peoples of Africa ( in English or French)
Terms of the Contest
A. The essays must have a length of 50 – 80 typed pages. They must cover the period from 1945 until today or at least one decade of action.
B. They should be sent through email to the Central Offices of the WFTU until 31st December of 2018.
C. The author must come from the region for which he/she writes about.
D. Either one individual or a group of persons can be the author(s) of the essay.
E. All data included in the project must be based on documents, official papers, photos, spoken testimonies. All documents must be cited with precision.
– The essays will be assessed by a Committee appointed by the Presidential Council of WFTU and the results will be announced publicly.
– Each region will receive three prizes, the first, second and third prize. The first prize will be offered one week of accommodation in Athens with all costs covered by the WFTU, the second will be offered 4 days of accommodation and the third 2 days.
– The essays that will receive the first prize will be published in a special edition and used as teaching material during trade union training seminars.
For any clarification or help please contact the Central Offices. Communication responsible: Maria Barouti at the email address: email@example.com
The existing WFTU archive located at WFTU Central Offices in Athens can be utilized.