On the occasion of the International Solidarity Day with the people of Palestine the WFTU expresses its long lasting solidarity with the Palestinian People. On this symbolic day we call upon the WFTU affiliates and friends, all militant trade unions of the world, in every country to express solidarity with the just struggle of the Palestinian people against the barbarity of Israeli occupation and hold actions of solidarity with the Palestinian people.
The UN, EU and other international organizations have great responsibility for the continuing unacceptable situation; in words they pretend to be fair but in practice they support the Israeli policy.
The WFTU expresses its full, stable and long-lasting class solidarity with the people of Palestine and their struggle for an independent homeland. We actively reject the genocide against our Palestinian brothers and sisters perpetrated by the imperialist criminal government of Israel.
- Recognition of the Palestinian state on the 1967 borders and east Jerusalem as its capital
- The end of the settlements and the withdrawal of all settlers who have settled across the borders of 1967.
- The demolition of the separation wall in Jerusalem.
- All the Palestinian refugees to be granted the right to return to their homes, based on the relevant decisions of the UN
- The elimination of any exclusion against the Palestinians in the West Bank and the Gaza strip.
- The immediate release of imprisoned Palestinians and other political prisoners kept in the Israeli prisons.
- The withdrawal of the Israeli army from all the occupied territories of the 1967, including the Golan Heights and the Sheba area of Southern Lebanon
In today’s conditions the workers of Palestine have to strengthen the comradely relations with WFTU, which stands on the side of Palestinian People from 1945 until today. It is necessary to dismiss from the trade unions the corrupted trade-unionists leaders who are puppets of yellow trade unionism;corrupted trade-unionist leaders who steal the sweat of the Palestinian workers.
The World Federation of trade Unions was and will be on the side of Palestinian people until the final victory. The internationalism of WFTU is not for sale neither is bought.
Long live the struggle of Palestinian People!